Monday, February 4, 2008
Rebirth
Identity theft – I never realized how serious it is till it happened to me. After a great Friday evening I came home and wrote a few emails and then went to bed. 8 hours later – I couldn’t log in. Some sick minded pervert had hacked into my account and changed my password and suddenly it dawned to me – how much information I had in there and how it could be abused. God knows what all went through my mind the entire Saturday before I got my account back. I was the 3rd person I know who this happened to and it was the same – the account is hacked and the person uses your log in to talk to your contacts. He is some loser who sends dirty, filthy messages to people in your contact list and will only return your account to you once you indulge him n his disgusting fantasies over chat. It is frustrating to see this happen under your name and not be able to stop it – the world is a sick sick place and nothing is safe anymore. From time to time, you remember what else you had in your email account and the fear of losing it (if you’re an emotional sack like some of us) or the fear of it getting it in the wrong hands (if you’re paranoid as well) shakes your insides. I am lucky enough to have friends who looked out for me, for when this sick pervert came online and informed me, and told me it’ll be alright. Some looked up ways to get him in trouble! And some (read – the boy) managed to coax the sick b*****d to give back my password, which he did but only after resetting it. all emails, chat logs and contacts are gone. So I’m pissed – and rightfully so. I hope that perv ends up with maggots and hives and all things nasty!

The only solace I can find is a fresh start – the new-ness which helps in getting over all that’s been lost. And hoping this one’s bolder, bitchier, louder and pissy when needed. Yes, this may bite.
posted by iksha @ 2:53 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Typed. Posted. Raw. Flawed. Just how I like it.
About Me

Name: iksha
Home: Singapore
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER